Salt systems allow the swimmer to enjoy healthier and more pleasant feeling water. A salt system produces a pure form of chlorine, while eliminating the need to use chlorine tablets or calcium-based shocking chemicals. Although not maintenance-free, salt system benefits far outweigh the past standards for maintaining pool water.
We're offering the Pentair IntelliChlor IC40 or Davey ECO-matic ESC 36 salt systems installed for $1,295.00 plus tax (INCLUDING SALT)! This installation price is likely the lowest of any licensed, bonded, and insured company in the Valley. We're offering the systems at these low prices to help lower the chlorine tablet or liquid chlorine costs associated with non-salt system pools.
- Proper salt levels MUST be maintained at all times. Cell life will decrease dramatically if the salt levels are not kept within the recommended ranges of your salt system!
- Salt systems are not "plug-n-leave" systems. Proper maintenance of your pool equipment and water will help extend the life of your electrode cell.
- Electrode cells still need to be manually cleaned even if they're "self-cleaning" cells. Inspect frequently.
- Alkalinity is also very important. Levels should be maintained between 80-120 ppm.
- Stabilizer levels will need to be adjusted 1-2 times per year. Salt systems produce a non-stabilized form of chlorine which results in the loss of stabilizer throughout the year.
- Salt does not evaporate from the pool. The only way salt levels are reduced is by water loss (splash-out, backwashing, leaks, etc).
- Seawater salt levels are about 35,000 ppm. In general, common salt content for a salt system is 3,500 ppm. Quite a difference!